To strengthen sustainability research in Germany and to support scientists working on sustainability topics and sustainable development, the DKN establishes working groups. These interdisciplinary working groups initiate research activities in the context of Future Earth and WCRP and are a core element in the work of the DKN. They make a decisive contribution to the conceptualization of (topics of) sustainability research within the framework of Future Earth and WCRP and thus contribute to the profile of the DKN.
Here you can find the call for DKN working groups (May 2020). The submission deadline was June 19th, 2020 – thank you for the submitted proposals. The new working groups will be announced in October 2020.
In the period from 2015 to 2020 ten DKN working groups and two co-design project groups were in place. They presented their results in position papers, scientific publications or conferences. They were funded by the DFG and supported by a committee member and the DKN secretariat. Working groups are an important instrument to reach the DKN’s main aims to develop the scientific agenda and to support German scientists in the development of relevant research activities within Future Earth and WCRP.
These working groups have been active in the last years:
- Transformation corridors for sustainable consumption (2018-2020)
- Shipping Emissions in the German Baltic and North Sea Region (2018-2019)
- Societal resilience and climate extremes (2017-2019)
- Sustainable work (2017-2019)
- Urban sustainability transformations (2017-2019)
- Social innovations in energy policy making (2016-2018)
- The social aspects in social-ecological models and simulations of sustainability research (2015-2017)
- Co-Design, Co-Production and Co-Dissemination (2015-2017)
- Positive Impacts through land use change (2015-2017)
- Sustainable intensification in agriculture (2015-2017)
Co-design project groups were: